Monday, March 10, 2014

Sin in the Eyes of God

(I liked a quote which I read in an article in a Lenten Magazine)

I am worried that you steal but I am more worried that you do not trust in my providential care.


I am worried that you are interested in momentary pleasure but I am more worried that you do not long for my everlasting pleasure.


I am worried that you are interested in physical pleasure but I am more worried that you do not care for the mental and spiritual pleasure that I offer.

I am worried that you place your total trust in man but I am more worried that you underestimate and loose my power.

I am worried that you prefer conditional human love but I am more worried that you do not own my unconditional love.

I am worried that you get angry but I am more worried about your health and that you do not realize my presence in others.

I am worried that you believe in other gods but I am more worried that you do not benefit the joy of faith in me, the only God.

I am worried that you lie but I am more worried that you do not speak me, THE TRUTH and be at peace.

I am worried that you love darkness but I am more worried that you have not accepted me THE LIGHT and enjoy life.

I am worried that you kill but I am more worried that you do not realize that it is my life which is for you.

I am worried that you do not like me but I am more worried that you hate that I love you.

I am worried that you are a glutton but I am more worried that you do not find more pleasure and nourishing in my body and blood.

I am worried that you become slave to devil but I am more worried that you refuse the freedom that I offer.

I am worried that you neglect me but I am more worried that you destroy yourself.

I am worried that you go to hell but I am more worried that you do not enjoy the heavenly bliss.

I am worried that you do not ask me pardon but I am more worried that you do not even accept my pardon.

I am worried that you do not meet me but I am more worried that you do not give me appointment.

I am worried that you do not ask me but I am more worried that you do not even accept what I give you.

I am worried that you close your heart to me but I am more worried that you do not permit me to fill your heart with my grace.

I am worried that you fill your heart with your impure thoughts but I am more worried that you just neglect pure thoughts to fill you and shape you.

I am worried that you walk on the wrong path but I am more worried that  you do not walk on  THE PATH.

I am worried that you like others’ things but I am more worried that you do not love others and share your things with others.

I like when you cry over your sin but I like more when you enjoy my forgiving love.

I like when you acknowledge your weakness but I like you more when you acknowledge my might.

I like you when you realize that you are not good but I like when you realize that I am more good.

I like when you give up your sins but I like more when you grow in holiness.

I like when you see good even in the bad people but I like more when you see me in them.

I like when you think about me but I like more when I think about you.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/10/2014

    I liked the quote too.Thank U for the " thought provoking" lines.very useful to ponder over during this season of Lent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like when you think about me but I like more when I think about you.Thanks dear Father.

    ReplyDelete