Saturday, March 22, 2014

Random Reflections

‘Blessed are the poor!’
Whose words are these?
Of the rich?
Or of the poor?


I saw an african young man.
He stands in front of a bakery and asks for some coins.
He came to my church today.
He saw me and called me ‘fratello!’ (brother!)
He saw my parish priest and 
called him ‘capo!’ (head! boss!)
What does he convey to me?



A woman went to a cemetery.
She saw a man picking up the grass in between the stones.
The man looked up and asked,
‘Woman! what do you want?’
‘I am looking for my nephew’s cemetery’, 
she said with a heavy heart.
The man took her along the lines 
and stood her near a grave and said,
‘Woman! this is the grave of your son!’
The woman poured out her heart. 
She cried aloud.
She placed the flowers which she had carried at her son’s grave.
She returned to her car.
Looked back.
The man was still picking up the grass in between the stones.
She took him to be a gardener.
Who was he?
She asked for the nephew’s grave.
But was showed her son’s grave.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/22/2014

    Blessed are the poor..surely these must be the words of the rich....Only they use these words to console the poor.
    The African boy should've found u one with him to call u as Brother.But hewouldn't have felt the same in the case of ur boss.Hence he has addressed him as Boss/head.
    The third one really sounds like a riddle too tangled to undo? Why don't u let the cat out itself Father?All The Best&Thank U!

    ReplyDelete